Keith D. Lindenbaum is a partner of Rathe Lindenbaum LLP, with over 20 years of experience in Intellectual Property law. Prior to establishing Rathe Lindenbaum LLP, Keith was a partner at Foley & Lardner LLP.
Keith’s experience includes preparing and prosecuting US, PCT and foreign patent applications; conducting patent risk assessment analysis, patent portfolio development, IP licensing and agreement drafting, and IP due diligence. His experience also includes drafting legal opinions of non-infringement and/or invalidity as well as providing counseling in trade secret misappropriation matters.
Representative Experience and Technologies
- Ongoing counseling, patent procurement, risk assessment and licensing for US and foreign start-up companies, midsize and Fortune 500 companies
- Provides counsel to clients in technology areas including medical devices, robotic surgical tools, drug delivery devices, battery technology, consumer products, internet technologies, home related products, and agricultural equipment
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Bachelor of Arts from Rutgers University in 1985
- J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School in 1994; Elected to the Order of the Coif
- Admitted to practice in Wisconsin
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Director for a number of non-profit organizations
- "A New Device for Venture Capital” – (As venture capital continues to shrink, medical device developers are finding new investment options, from ‘friends and family’ to corporate investors.) Published in R & D magazine: Vol. 53, No. 1, February, 2011.
- "A Head Start for Medical Device Start-Ups” – (Using the ‘1-3-15’ patent approach, new companies can give themselves an edge in attracting investors) published in MX: Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry, January 21, 2011.
- Panel Presentation: - 2010 Life Sciences and Medical Device Conference, “From Resilience to Growth: Mapping a New Direction for Life Sciences” - Milestone Metrics for Growth Stage Companies - Boston, MA. September 29, 2010 and San Diego CA November 3, 2010.
- Presentation: - 2010 Ideas to Profits Conference“ Intellectual Property Licensing Strategies,” Wisconsin Innovation Service Center October 1, 2010.
- Presentation: – “Protecting the Attorney-Client Privilege when Conducting Patent Due Diligence Activities” GE Healthcare - July 22, 2010.
- Webinar: – “Is Your Company Safe From False Marking?” Foley & Lardner March 17, 2010.