Todd A. Rathe is a partner of Rathe Lindenbaum LLP, having over 23 years of experience in Intellectual Property law. Prior to establishing Rathe Lindenbaum LLP, Todd was the owner of Rathe Patent & IP Law and was a partner at Foley & Lardner LLP.
Todd's areas of practice include managing corporate intellectual property rights, procuring U.S. and foreign patents, conducting patentability, patent validity and risk assessment studies, preparing legal opinions and drafting and negotiating confidentiality, joint development and license agreements.
Representative Experience and Technologies
Personally written and prosecuted over 500 US and foreign patent applications
Ongoing counseling, risk assessment and patent acquisition for start-up companies as well as midsize and US Fortune 500 companies
Provided counsel to clients in technology areas including medical devices, semiconductor fabrication, electronic controls and automation, engine and transmission design, computing and internet technologies, printing, imaging and display technologies, consumer products, sport and recreation equipment and construction and agricultural equipment
- Bachelors of Science in industrial engineering (with honors and distinction) in 1989 from Iowa State University, where he was a member of Tau Beta Pi, Alpha Pi Mu and Phi Kappa Phi academic honors
- J.D. (with high distinction) in 1992 from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he served as note and comment editor of the Journal of Corporation Law and was published for articles pertaining to medical device patent term extension and environmental advertising
- Admitted to practice in Wisconsin
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- He is co-author of a chapter on patents for Overview of Intellectual Property Law for Business Lawyers, a West publication.